About the Institute…
Dates: July 28 – August 1, 2014
This week-long residential Institute for K-12 Educators and Leaders is presented by the Thornburg Center for Professional Development and Rondout School District 72 in Lake Forest, Illinois.
A block of rooms has been reserved at a local hotel and shuttle service will be provided to the Institute site.
Participants in the Summer Institute will leave with:
- Practical strategies for addressing STEM using the new standards
- Familiarity with exemplary software for use in the sciences, math and engineering
- Methods for exploring any subject area with the enthusiasm of professionals who work in these fields
- Implementation strategies for project-based learning
- Experience with 3D printing and other gateways to engineering, K-12
- Explorations of the role of “place” in learning as it applies to your school or district.
- Connections to great resources in all areas of our explorations
- An action plan for implementation of what was learned in the institute
New 3D Printing in the Classroom Project Coming Soon: https://coolhub.imsa.edu/web/invent-to-learn-3d-printing/home