A new application called Liferay Sync makes it possible to drag and drop files from your computer to your Project Document Library. You don't even have to start up CoolHub to upload files!!
If you're ready to try it out, here's what to do:
(these steps may need to edited for different operating systems)
- Go to: http://www.liferay.com/downloads/liferay-portal/available-releases
- Under Downloads, find the link to Liferay Sync on the page. Click it.
- You'll be prompted to create a Liferay account (this is different than you CoolHub account and the only way to get the download)
- Choose a version of Liferay Sync to download
- Liferay Sync for Windows, Mac, etc... Use the dropdown menu to select your operating system
- Liferay Sync for Mobile... Use this if you plan on using your mobile device for file management
- Once the software downloads to your device, open it.
- Click on the Icon for Liferay Sync in the popup that opens.
- You should be prompted to enter the following information:
- server address: coolhub.imsa.edu
- username: your email that you use to sign into CoolHub
- password: the password you use to sign into CoolHub
- After you click Enter a new icon will appear on your task bar (Mac Users). All the projects you are a member of will be shown. Select the projects in CoolHub you want to connect to.
- Syncing starts automatically. Watch for the new icon to spin while it is active. This may take a while if you selected a lot of projects.
- Once all the files from these projects are synced with your device, click on the icon and select Open Sync Folder
- Choose the subfolder you want to use. This will display all the contents of this Project's document library.
- To open a file, click it.
- To upload a file, drag and drop it from your computer (for example, your desktop) to the folder you want it to go.
- Once you've done all these steps, the next time you want to retrieve, save to or move a file in CoolHub, just click the icon and follow steps 11-13.
Here's another huge bonus: Click the Sync icon and choose Open Website. Select a project. It opens the site without you having to log in. It takes you to the live document folder. You may navigate to the rest of CoolHub from there because the app logs you in.