Creating Your Account
You may have questions about the Account Creation Process. This process in the present Beta version may not be the smooth experience you expect. We are tweaking invitation and account creation properties in an effort to make this as smooth as possible before we move to our full release.
- A current member of CoolHub issues you an invitation using a Group Invitation Portlet. Your email is the key to this invitation. An invitation may be sent from any Project. Upon completion of all steps, you are automatically a member of that specific Project as well as a member of CoolHub at large.
- A message is automatically sent to your email address from CoolHub. This email contains a link to continue the process.
- If you don't see the email, check your junk or spam folder for mail from CoolHub
- If you don't see the link, check your email preferences to enable html (e.g., IMSA's Squirrel Mail has html turned off by default)
- When you click on the link, a Profile page opens where you enter the required information (username, first and last name, date of birth, etc.).
- The Terms of Service page is next. Agree to continue.
- A second email is generated that contains a temporary, hard-to-guess (and remember) password.
- Copy the password so you can paste it in a moment.
- Click the link to CoolHub. If the URL includes "cybercollab" that is currently a bug. Truncate (remove) that from the URL to load CoolHub.
- Enter your email address and temporary password.
- You should be looking at the members landing page with the three big buttons.
- If you want to change your password, click your name (upper right of screen) and select Password from the menu.